A career at Think HQ is unlike any other agency. We are genuinely, unapologetically values-led — which means only ever working on projects that will make a change.
It’s a fun, challenging gig. The kind where you’ll meet inspiring people, learn about things you may never knew existed, and go home each day feeling like you’ve done something good. We support and respect one another, so everyone — no matter how long you’ve been here — is given room to speak up and share ideas.
Because we’re all about understanding and reaching potential. You never know where the next best idea is going to come from — which is why we give everyone everything they need to grow. When our team gets stronger, so does everything we do.
Sound good? Check out some of our current openings.
Think HQ is looking for a Group Head of Sydney to spearhead our expansion into the country’s biggest market, sharing and promoting our unique offering.
About Think HQ:
Think HQ is an award-winning communications agency founded in 2010 by Jen Sharpe on the belief that communications can be harnessed as a force of positive impact.
We create campaigns that understand culture and context, and invite audiences to work with us to transform the(ir) world in their best interest.
Over the years, we’ve grown from a public relations company into an integrated communications agency, working solely on projects that drive social good. Now, whether it’s advertising, public relations, strategy, content, social media, diverse communications, events, digital presence or capacity building – we can do it all, and we do it ourselves.
We are a rapidly growing team of 80+ experts from all sorts of backgrounds. Think film makers, journalists, advertising industry legends and multicultural communications specialists. It means that we have the kind of diverse thinking that will lead to the best possible solution. Then, we have all the expertise needed to execute it.
What brings us together is a real, genuine belief that communications is powerful, and that it must be used to tell the stories that need to be heard.
About the role:
As the Group Head of Sydney, you will be responsible for managing and growing our NSW presence and operations with strong support from Executive level peers and the Founder directly. You’ll initially have a team of four, with the aim to grow the client base and team quickly over the next few years.
Your initial focus will be to grow the Think HQ brand and reputation within the New South Wales market, including a strong component of proactive leadership and hands-on business development. You will have significant client service experience and strong interpersonal skills, overseeing the entire Sydney team and operations to bring together cohesive planning and sustained growth across all areas of the business.
Our office is located at The Commons in Surry Hills.
In this role you will:
- Oversee and independently lead the operations of Think HQ Sydney.
- Be responsible for setting and maintaining a positive agency Sydney culture and tone that reflects and celebrates the Think HQ vision, mission and values.
- Develop, manage, lead and inspire a local team to ensure consistent high performance, retention of talent and succession planning consistent with our growth and expansion strategy.
- Develop and execute business development plans to expand our NSW client base, establishing Think HQ Group as the leading expert and agency of choice for inclusive communications.
- Actively participate in key networking events across Sydney to represent the Think HQ brand.
- As a member of the Executive team, establish overall operational and financialperformance measures for the agency. This includes monitoring, analysing and reporting on company performance against those measures.
- 2+ years experience as a General Manager or similar executive-level role in a communications agency environment (note: open to PR or advertising background).
- Strong experience in planning and budgeting.
- Knowledge of business processes and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations etc.).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills that help turn data into the right decisions.
- Outstanding organisational and leadership skills.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- A thorough understanding of government, NFP and corporate clients and related procurement procedures.
- A commitment to Think HQ’s values.
- Government and NFP experience a bonus, but not a must.
Job Function: Management (Executive)
Location: Surry Hills, Australia
Job Type: Permanent
Part-time and flexible work arrangements can be considered. Think HQ is a family-friendly, hybrid workplace.
Think HQ is committed to providing a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward-thinking. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for this position without regard to race, culture, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of all backgrounds to apply.
Please apply via LinkedIn.
Please get in touch with Jen Sharpe - Jen@think-hq.com.au if you have any questions.
Think HQ is accepting direct applications only at this stage.
At Think HQ, we use inclusive communications to tackle complex social challenges and promote for-purpose projects.
We’re looking for an experienced Public Relations Account Manager to join our rapidly growing team, where you’ll help develop and oversee the implementation of integrated and PR-led campaigns targeting diverse Australian audiences, working with and learning from experts across the business, and using your strategic communications skills for good.
We're a genuinely collaborative, full-service communications agency working across public relations, advertising, multicultural communications, web design, animation, film and audio production. Our skills are diverse, but we’re all united by our passion for projects that deliver positive outcomes for people, places and the planet.
We’re a diverse bunch; ex-journos, filmmakers, social researchers, PR professionals, community engagement specialists, writers, animators, designers, and strategists who love what we do.
We unapologetically seek out work that will have a genuine positive impact. We all know where we are headed, and we’re united by our mission to make change. Our growth is underpinned by our values.
Think HQ values inclusion and diversity – it’s the reason we can do the work we do. We welcome and actively encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities, and cultures, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTIQA+ people, people from our multicultural communities, or who speak a language other than English, people with disabilities, older Australians and parents returning to the workforce
In this role, you will:
- Manage a range of PR and integrated client accounts, including projects that include CALD and First Nations engagement and creative outputs for below the line channels
- Work with relevant team members to develop clear, concise and inclusive PR strategies and implementation plans for new project briefs, which include appropriate recommendations for engaging Australia’s diverse population
- Drive media pitching across a range of clients - liaise with and engage effectively with the media, including in-language and First Nations media channels, where relevant
- Liaise with and provide strategic advice to external clients regarding emerging issues and or upcoming projects
- Produce and/or oversee the development of effective and high-quality written materials in a range of PR formats (e.g. media releases, eDM copy, stakeholder plans)
- Plan and oversee the delivery of media and stakeholder events
- Proactively contribute to new business growth, as well as growing existing client accounts – including playing a key role in the research, writing and delivery of new business pitches and proposals
- Support with the mentoring of junior members of the team.
- Undergraduate or post-graduate studies in Public Relations, Communications or related field, and minimum 5 years’ relevant industry experience
- Excellent knowledge of print, online and broadcast media and PR processes, plus a genuine interest in news and current affairs - we are seeking a newshound with a nose for a good story and the confidence to pitch across all media formats
- A solid network of media contacts - journalists, editors and producers - and the ability to land high impact coverage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including writing for media and a variety of audiences
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks and meet set deadlines
- Proven ability to manage client and projects, develop effective PR strategies, meet deadlines, and liaise with suppliers and stakeholders
- Interest in or experience engaging with multicultural communities, including basic understanding of Australia’s cultural demographics, relevant Government policies and approaches, principles of cultural diversity
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to accept feedback in a positive manner and apply learnings to future work
- Experience planning and delivering successful media and stakeholder events or activations; and experience working on government or behaviour change campaigns would be considered a real bonus.
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every requirement on this list – our priority is a talented and motivated individual with a positive attitude who is willing to learn, grow and collaborate. We’re looking for someone who is a great fit for our team in values and personality.
How to apply
Think HQ values inclusion and diversity. We welcome and actively encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities, and cultures, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTIQA+ people, people from our multicultural communities, or who speak a language other than English, people with disabilities, older Australians and parents returning to the workforce.
This is a permanent full-time position, however, part-time and flexible work arrangements can be considered. Think HQ is a family-friendly, hybrid workplace.
Send your resume together with a covering letter telling us why you want to become a team member of Think HQ
- Applications without Resumes and/or Covering letters will not be considered.
- Applicants need to have the right to work in Australia.
- You may be required to obtain a working with children’s check.