VBA Building Surveyors Conference
The Victorian Building Authority (VBA) is the state’s principal regulator for building and plumbing. How could Think HQ help them to deliver their Modern Regulatory Practice Conference in an engaging way?
Think HQ incorporated live-streaming into both events, allowing the VBA to reach a wider audience (including staff tuning in from overseas).
Following industry feedback, The VBA sought to bring together all Private and Municipal Building Surveyors to discuss how the industry can work together to regulate and deliver better built outcomes.
As a way to engage and educate their staff, VBA secured world leading expert, Professor Malcolm Sparrow from Harvard University to deliver a 3-day conference and series of workshops in Melbourne.
Given the complexity and density of the subject matter, Think HQ wanted to actively engage attendees and deliver an interactive conference experience.
Using the app Eventbrite, Think HQ efficiently and accurately checked in attendees during registration for both conferences.
Survey platform Sli.do was introduced by Think HQ as a way to engage conference attendees and generate thoughtful discussion among panellists and attendees. The platform enabled questions to be submitted anonymously, providing the opportunity for a more open discussion than using hand held microphones. It also allowed those tuning in remotely to have their questions answered by industry experts.
Think HQ incorporated live-streaming into both events, allowing the VBA to reach a wider audience (including staff tuning in from overseas). The video footage stored on VBA’s YouTube channel also provides a valuable reference tool for staff to refer back to at a later date.
- Think HQ managed all event logistics for both conferences including catering selections and final numbers, managing all AV requirements and venue management
- Development of detailed briefing and speaking notes for event speakers and collateral including name tags and place cards
- On the day event management for both events, which saw 615 attendees in total, as well as 59 attendees across workshops
- Think HQ drafted live tweets throughout the day of the Building Surveyors’ Conference, which were published to the VBA’s Twitter account
- 63% of Building Surveyor Conference attendees said the conference was very well organised
- 59% said they would like to attend another conference in
12 months time.