December 09, 2014
Late last year, Think HQ undertook a research survey to gain an insight into the inner-workings of Australian not for profit (NFP) organisations, and the key opportunities and challenges they’re currently facing.
Over 85 NFPs were represented in the survey, with participants from organisations including the Salvation Army, Melbourne Recital Centre, Spark* International, Save The Children, The Heart Foundation, Plan International, and Opportunity International Australia.
Numerous sectors were also represented, including education, welfare/social services, community development, health and mental health, and disability and training.
Of the individuals who took part in the survey, 27% identified as CEO or top-level executives, 18% as communications staff, 10% as marketing staff, 9% as development staff, and 3% as fundraising staff.
Our findings revealed both good and bad news for the sector.
SO, WHAT’S THE BAD NEWS?
Budgets are tight…
As expected, survey results confirmed that...Read More
October 21, 2014
In 2013, Think-HQ was engaged by The Australian Multicultural Foundation to develop the public relations campaign for the inaugural Baklava Bake Off – a community cooking competition celebrating Victoria’s cultural diversity.
Home cooks and professional pastry chefs took part in the statewide competition, with Think HQ activity including:
- Securing acclaimed Middle-Eastern chefs Greg Malouf and Shane Delia as celebrity ambassadors
- Managing media relations for the campaign launch, semi-final and grand final events
- Managing all campaign social media activity
- Developing competition judging criteria, and short-listing entrants from across Victoria
- Developing the event running order for the campaign launch, semi-final and grand final events, and managing speakers
- Securing and briefing an emcee for the Grand Final event at Federation Square
- Booking event photography
More than 250 people attended the grand final Baklava Bake Off at Federation Square, featuring live cooking demonstrations...Read More
October 21, 2014
In 2013, Think HQ worked with the Victorian Government’s Office for the Community Sector on a project to showcase its Workforce Capability Framework (WCF) resource for not-for-profit (NFP) organisations – a practical toolkit for community organisations looking to build effective, strong and sustainable workforces.
Think HQ was commissioned to:
- Develop questions for an independent online survey, and distribute to NFP organisations within the OCS network
- Collect and distill results of the online survey into a comprehensive early findings report
- Visit and conduct face-to-face interviews with eight NFP case study organisations from across Victoria
- Develop eight written case studies for publication on the OCS website
- Script and project-manage the production of a five-minute video documentary showcasing the diverse use of the WCF by eight case study organisations.
The completed video – used by the OCS as a promotional tool to encourage further uptake and innovative use of the WCF...Read More