March 15, 2017 Think HQ is proud to work with A Taste of Harmony on this year's campaign to help workplaces encourage discussions around diversity by hosting a free morning tea or lunch in March. Register your workplace for A Taste of Harmony to host a feast on any day between 20 - 31st March.
I’ve been privileged to share and experience many cultures and languages since a young age - from travels as a child, an education in multicultural Melbourne, to working across Africa, Europe and the Americas. Witnessing people from all walks of life, I’ve learnt that diversity is a strength, not a burden communities need to overcome. My appreciation of diversity – every Australian's ability to come to work and be who they are - is what drives me to be involved in the Australian Leadership project.
The Australian Leadership project celebrates best practices from leadership across various domains in Australia. In our exchange with over 200 interviewees and thousands of readers with a common interest -...Read More
October 03, 2016
In late August, Think HQ helped the Scanlon Foundation launch Australians Today – a new research report looking at life in Australia, as described by our diverse population.
“The Scanlon Foundation has been working with Think HQ for more than five years and we trust them to deliver every time.” Anthea Hancocks, CEO Scanlon Foundation
Our work to launch Australians Today involved:
- Creation of an interactive campaign site: see it here
- Media relations
- Stakeholder relations
- Event management for the report launch.
Think HQ secured high quality coverage across print, digital, radio and TV channels nationally and internationally. Print and digital media included more than 40 pieces of coverage, including pieces in The Age, The Guardian, The Australian, ABC, SBS and Nine News.
Prior to the launch, Think HQ briefed Ministers and government stakeholders on the results of Australians Today.
More than 120 attended the launch of...Read More
November 27, 2015
Think HQ is privileged to have launched the 2015 Mapping Social Cohesion Report with the Scanlon Foundation at the Melbourne Art’s Centre on Thursday 29 October 2015.
Hosted by SBS TV news presenter and journalist Sarah Abo, the event marks the fifth year that Think HQ has worked with the Scanlon Foundation to promote the report.
More than 200 guests attended the event, which featured a panel of experts discussing issues covered in the report, including Australian attitudes towards immigration and asylum seekers, trust in government, and what it means to be Australian.
Members of this year’s panel included:
- Yassmin Abdel-Magied, Founder and President, Youth Without Borders.
- Rob Hulls, Director, Centre for Innovative Justice, RMIT.
- Matthew Gordon, Chief Operations Officer, Oursay.
- Helen Kapalos, Chair, Victorian Multicultural Commission.
- Andrew Markus, Professor and the Report author, Monash University.
The event generated insightful conversation about issues relevant to...Read More
October 21, 2014
In 2013, Think-HQ was engaged by The Australian Multicultural Foundation to develop the public relations campaign for the inaugural Baklava Bake Off – a community cooking competition celebrating Victoria’s cultural diversity.
Home cooks and professional pastry chefs took part in the statewide competition, with Think HQ activity including:
- Securing acclaimed Middle-Eastern chefs Greg Malouf and Shane Delia as celebrity ambassadors
- Managing media relations for the campaign launch, semi-final and grand final events
- Managing all campaign social media activity
- Developing competition judging criteria, and short-listing entrants from across Victoria
- Developing the event running order for the campaign launch, semi-final and grand final events, and managing speakers
- Securing and briefing an emcee for the Grand Final event at Federation Square
- Booking event photography
More than 250 people attended the grand final Baklava Bake Off at Federation Square, featuring live cooking demonstrations...Read More