January 15, 2015
Think HQ is excited to join the Victorian chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) for 2015 as its new events presenting partner.
As part of the 12-month engagement Think HQ will assist the IABC in the planning and management of its popular and informative monthly events and seminars, as well as its annual Bronze Quills Gala and awards night, to be held on Wednesday May 20.
Think HQ’s own Anna Chalko also sits on the IABC Victoria board.
We look forward to meeting many Victorian communications practitioners at upcoming IABC events.
For more information about upcoming IABC Victoria events http://vic.iabc.com
October 21, 2014
In 2013, Think-HQ was engaged by The Australian Multicultural Foundation to develop the public relations campaign for the inaugural Baklava Bake Off – a community cooking competition celebrating Victoria’s cultural diversity.
Home cooks and professional pastry chefs took part in the statewide competition, with Think HQ activity including:
- Securing acclaimed Middle-Eastern chefs Greg Malouf and Shane Delia as celebrity ambassadors
- Managing media relations for the campaign launch, semi-final and grand final events
- Managing all campaign social media activity
- Developing competition judging criteria, and short-listing entrants from across Victoria
- Developing the event running order for the campaign launch, semi-final and grand final events, and managing speakers
- Securing and briefing an emcee for the Grand Final event at Federation Square
- Booking event photography
More than 250 people attended the grand final Baklava Bake Off at Federation Square, featuring live cooking demonstrations...Read More
October 15, 2014
Chances are you’ve probably heard about the Ice Bucket Challenge (IBC), the viral phenomenon that raised over $100 million internationally for ALS/MND research, all by getting people to tip buckets of ice-cold water over their heads.
In Australia, the Ice Bucket Challenge was championed by Laugh to Cure MND, a charity founded by Pat and Angie Cunningham earlier this year. The pair was also behind the first Ice Bucket Challenge World Record attempt, which took place at Etihad Stadium on 22 August.
Think HQ was lucky enough to work with the Laugh to Cure MND team to help promote the World Record attempt – managing official social media accounts throughout the campaign, and securing significant media coverage in major metropolitan news outlets, including The Herald Sun, Melbourne mX, 7News, Channel 10’s The Project, and 3AW radio.
Now that the steady stream of IBC participants has slowed to a trickle, it’s the perfect time to catch up with Pat and Angie, take a look back on the...Read More
September 30, 2014
In March 2012, Think HQ was commissioned for two years by the Women’s Leadership Institute Australia to develop and launch womenformedia.com.au – an online resource linking journalists with top female executives to increase female commentary in business and finance news.
As part of the project, Think HQ undertook a range of strategic planning, media relations, and stakeholder management activities, including:
- Developing a brief for an online platform
- Developing a national communication and engagement strategy
- Securing key partners – including the Melbourne Press Club and the Walkley Awards
- Recruiting, collecting and publishing data from over 100 Director-level women
- Coordinating a national media launch
- Organising high-level connector events with key senior editors and WFM members
- Media training workshops – for executive-level WFM members
- Journalist engagement – both directly and via targeted email campaigns
- Social Media – managing an active, daily Twitter account
Within two years...Read More