February 22, 2016
In 2015, Master Plumbers engaged Think HQ to provide media relations, event management and collateral development assistance for the inaugural 2015 Plumbing and Fire Industry Awards.
A joint initiative of the National Fire Industry Association (NFIA), the Plumbing Industry Climate Action Centre (PICAC) and the Plumbing Trades Employees Union (PTEU), the awards celebrated plumbing and fire protection professionals, and showcased women and Indigenous industry leaders.
Held at the RACV Club Melbourne, more than 350 industry professionals and dignitaries, including Opposition Leader Bill Shorten MP, attended the event.
The PR goal was to profile the plumbing and fire protection sectors through the placement of metropolitan and local news stories. Think HQ was also contracted to provide event planning assistance and event management on the night.
During the project, the Think HQ team collaborated with Master Plumbers to identify newsworthy angles of all nominees and developed case...Read More
December 18, 2015
Think HQ is privileged to have delivered the ‘Not Nearly Enough’ panel discussion with Australians for Mental Health at The Melbourne Brain Centre on Thursday 10 December 2015.
The discussion was the first community event for the Australians for Mental Health campaign – a new national movement empowering Australians to compel all political parties to make mental health a priority, and help end the stigma associated with seeking help for mental ill health.
Around 150 guests attended the forum, which featured a panel of experts discussing the Federal Government’s recent response to the National Mental Health Commission report – Contributing Lives, Thriving Communities.
Members of the panel included:
- Professor Allan Fels AO, Chair, National Mental Health Commission
- Professor Patrick McGorry AO, Executive Director, Orygen Youth Health
- Jill Stark, Senior Writer, The Sunday Age
- Prerna Diksha, AFMH Community Taskforce
- Geoff Wilson, Chairman, Wilson Asset Management
Forum participants and...Read More
November 27, 2015
Think HQ is privileged to have launched the 2015 Mapping Social Cohesion Report with the Scanlon Foundation at the Melbourne Art’s Centre on Thursday 29 October 2015.
Hosted by SBS TV news presenter and journalist Sarah Abo, the event marks the fifth year that Think HQ has worked with the Scanlon Foundation to promote the report.
More than 200 guests attended the event, which featured a panel of experts discussing issues covered in the report, including Australian attitudes towards immigration and asylum seekers, trust in government, and what it means to be Australian.
Members of this year’s panel included:
- Yassmin Abdel-Magied, Founder and President, Youth Without Borders.
- Rob Hulls, Director, Centre for Innovative Justice, RMIT.
- Matthew Gordon, Chief Operations Officer, Oursay.
- Helen Kapalos, Chair, Victorian Multicultural Commission.
- Andrew Markus, Professor and the Report author, Monash University.
The event generated insightful conversation about issues relevant to...Read More
October 21, 2014
In 2013, Think-HQ was engaged by The Australian Multicultural Foundation to develop the public relations campaign for the inaugural Baklava Bake Off – a community cooking competition celebrating Victoria’s cultural diversity.
Home cooks and professional pastry chefs took part in the statewide competition, with Think HQ activity including:
- Securing acclaimed Middle-Eastern chefs Greg Malouf and Shane Delia as celebrity ambassadors
- Managing media relations for the campaign launch, semi-final and grand final events
- Managing all campaign social media activity
- Developing competition judging criteria, and short-listing entrants from across Victoria
- Developing the event running order for the campaign launch, semi-final and grand final events, and managing speakers
- Securing and briefing an emcee for the Grand Final event at Federation Square
- Booking event photography
More than 250 people attended the grand final Baklava Bake Off at Federation Square, featuring live cooking demonstrations...Read More
September 30, 2014
In March 2012, Think HQ was commissioned for two years by the Women’s Leadership Institute Australia to develop and launch womenformedia.com.au – an online resource linking journalists with top female executives to increase female commentary in business and finance news.
As part of the project, Think HQ undertook a range of strategic planning, media relations, and stakeholder management activities, including:
- Developing a brief for an online platform
- Developing a national communication and engagement strategy
- Securing key partners – including the Melbourne Press Club and the Walkley Awards
- Recruiting, collecting and publishing data from over 100 Director-level women
- Coordinating a national media launch
- Organising high-level connector events with key senior editors and WFM members
- Media training workshops – for executive-level WFM members
- Journalist engagement – both directly and via targeted email campaigns
- Social Media – managing an active, daily Twitter account
Within two years...Read More