We’re proud to have helped SANE Australia develop Better Off With You; a new suicide prevention campaign pilot launched last week.
The campaign features six real stories told by local people with experience of suicidal thoughts and attempts.
Through peer-to-peer story telling, the campaign aims to speak directly to people who might be having suicidal thoughts and show them how people who have felt that way have been able to come out the other side.
The campaign is being piloted in the Mackay, Isaac and Whitsunday region of Queensland, and on the Northern Beaches in New South Wales for six weeks, from Monday 20 January until Friday 28 February 2020.
Our work included:
- Developing the campaign brand
- Building the website, to deliver separate, specific content to each of the pilot areas
- Creating digital marketing materials, including social media advertising content for each location
- Producing stakeholder packs for local organisations and individuals to share the campaign
- Developing communications plans, including a stakeholder engagement strategy and website content plan.
The pilot initiative was developed in consultation with local groups and those with lived experience, and includes a research component to ensure the campaign’s safety, measure impact and to inform future national suicide prevention activities.
To watch the stories or find support services and information, visit betteroffwithyou.org.au
If you or someone you know is at immediate risk, call 000 or visit your nearest hospital.