October 21, 2014
In 2013, Think-HQ was engaged by The Australian Multicultural Foundation to develop the public relations campaign for the inaugural Baklava Bake Off – a community cooking competition celebrating Victoria’s cultural diversity.
Home cooks and professional pastry chefs took part in the statewide competition, with Think HQ activity including:
- Securing acclaimed Middle-Eastern chefs Greg Malouf and Shane Delia as celebrity ambassadors
- Managing media relations for the campaign launch, semi-final and grand final events
- Managing all campaign social media activity
- Developing competition judging criteria, and short-listing entrants from across Victoria
- Developing the event running order for the campaign launch, semi-final and grand final events, and managing speakers
- Securing and briefing an emcee for the Grand Final event at Federation Square
- Booking event photography
More than 250 people attended the grand final Baklava Bake Off at Federation Square, featuring live cooking demonstrations...Read More
October 21, 2014
In 2013, Think HQ worked with the Victorian Government’s Office for the Community Sector on a project to showcase its Workforce Capability Framework (WCF) resource for not-for-profit (NFP) organisations – a practical toolkit for community organisations looking to build effective, strong and sustainable workforces.
Think HQ was commissioned to:
- Develop questions for an independent online survey, and distribute to NFP organisations within the OCS network
- Collect and distill results of the online survey into a comprehensive early findings report
- Visit and conduct face-to-face interviews with eight NFP case study organisations from across Victoria
- Develop eight written case studies for publication on the OCS website
- Script and project-manage the production of a five-minute video documentary showcasing the diverse use of the WCF by eight case study organisations.
The completed video – used by the OCS as a promotional tool to encourage further uptake and innovative use of the WCF...Read More
October 17, 2014
Think HQ is thrilled to announce that we are starting work with the Butterfly Foundation on the development and rollout of a new fundraising and awareness campaign.
The exciting new campaign will debut in 2015.
Watch this space!
October 16, 2014
The last few months have been a busy time for Think HQ, as – for the second year running – we worked in collaboration with the Victorian Government’s Department of State Development, Business and Innovation to deliver its Support Small Business Day campaign.
In 2014, our involvement included project management and media relations services, developing and delivering a suite of social media competitions, providing promotional support to ten Victorian traders associations, and securing four high profile campaign ambassadors, including ex-AFL player Cameron Ling.
The campaign was again a great success, with close to 6000 Victorian shoppers and small businesses registering to participate in the lead up to the event, and many more Victorians getting out to shop in local small businesses on the day.
Think HQ secured great statewide media coverage for the campaign – stories appeared in more than 20 individual Leader newspaper titles across Victoria; a ten-part series of daily stories...Read More
October 15, 2014
Think HQ recently worked with Orygen Youth Health to launch The National Centre for Excellence in Youth Mental Health, including the announcement of $18 million in Federal Government funding for the project.
Think HQ assisted with media relations and event management services for the launch event. Activity included:
- media materials development
- media pitching
- Radio Release project management
- development of the event running order
- manage event photography.
The launch was attended by media including Sky News, ABC, AAP, and 3CR.
We look forward to working further with Orygen as the National centre rolls-out across Australia.
October 15, 2014
Earlier this year, Think HQ was excited to work with the Documentary Australia Foundation (DAF) during the 2014 Sydney Film Festival, to promote their sponsorship of the inaugural Documentary Australia Foundation Award For Australian Documentary.
Over the two-week festival period, Think HQ managed DAF’s social media profiles, creating and posting content to promote the twelve award finalists. This resulted in significant increases in user engagement, including close to 100% growth in Twitter followers, and a 300% growth in Facebook reach.
October 15, 2014
Chances are you’ve probably heard about the Ice Bucket Challenge (IBC), the viral phenomenon that raised over $100 million internationally for ALS/MND research, all by getting people to tip buckets of ice-cold water over their heads.
In Australia, the Ice Bucket Challenge was championed by Laugh to Cure MND, a charity founded by Pat and Angie Cunningham earlier this year. The pair was also behind the first Ice Bucket Challenge World Record attempt, which took place at Etihad Stadium on 22 August.
Think HQ was lucky enough to work with the Laugh to Cure MND team to help promote the World Record attempt – managing official social media accounts throughout the campaign, and securing significant media coverage in major metropolitan news outlets, including The Herald Sun, Melbourne mX, 7News, Channel 10’s The Project, and 3AW radio.
Now that the steady stream of IBC participants has slowed to a trickle, it’s the perfect time to catch up with Pat and Angie, take a look back on the...Read More
October 14, 2014
With headlines making a recent negative swing, a rare good news story caused pause for reflection in the Think HQ office this week.
New research has indicated Australians might be getting kinder. Yep, that’s right – findings suggest that the younger generation, so often categorised as self-indulgent and uncharitable, is actually taking part in acts of kindness more frequently than their older counterparts.
And that’s music to our ears. As an agency committed to projects of substance, often to achieve positive social change, it’s always been our contention that positivity is powerful. We’re lucky to work with an array of talented and impassioned clients, campaigns and communicators, and we’re very aware that kindness plays a big role in the work we produce for them.
Recently, as part of the Victorian Government’s Support Small Business Day 2014 campaign, we had the privilege of talking to small business owners across the state – bighearted people dedicated to providing for their...Read More
October 14, 2014
In 2014, Think HQ was contracted to deliver public relations services for the Victorian Government’s second annual Support Small Business Day campaign, after successfully developing and implementing the marketing and communications strategy for the inaugural campaign in 2013.
Working collaboratively with the Department of State Development, Business and Innovation project team, Think HQ again led activity to engage both small business owners and Victorian consumers, to ensure the statewide shopping event was a success.
In 2014, Think HQ activity included:
- Delivering tailored marketing, media relations and social media support packages to ten nominated Business and Trader Associations across Victoria, to assist them in promoting the campaign to businesses in their local areas
- Creating and implementing a series of social media competitions, aimed at Victorian consumers
- Developing campaign media materials, including a media alert and a campaign media release
- Managing a media partnership...