Case Study: Nexus – Australian Youth Summit
The Nexus Global Youth Summit is an international movement that brings together young philanthropists and social entrepreneurs from over 70 countries to fast-track world change .
Joining dozens of chapters around the world, Nexus Australia was formed in 2013 and contracted Think HQ to deliver media relations services for the Nexus Australia Youth Summit.
While Nexus was still in its infancy in Australia and thus not very familiar to our domestic media, Think HQ crafted and implemented tailored news angles that would capture the attention of target journalists and media outlets. Through targeted, strategic contact with journalists, Think HQ has consistently secured high profile media coverage in the lead up to, and following the Summit since its inception in 2013.
In 2016, Think HQ was again contracted to deliver media relations services for the Nexus Australia Youth Summit, and worked closely with The Foundation for Young Australians and the Summit organising committee to develop and implement a strategic media relations campaign for the event, held in Sydney and attended by close to 300 young people.
Activity undertaken by Think HQ included:
- Developing key messages for the Summit
- Identifying target international and local talent from those attending the Summit as presenters/speakers, and developing bios and angles for pitching to media
- Liaising with and securing target talent, and facilitating and supporting their engagement with media
- Designing and developing event merchandise
- Tailoring story pitches to targeted publications
- Contacting/pitching to journalists.
In 2016, coverage for Nexus included:
- The Australian
- Australian Financial Review
- ABC News 24 Afternoons
- Generosity Magazine
- Pro Bono News.