Case Study: DonateLife Week
Since late 2012, Think HQ has been contracted by the Federal Government’s Organ and Tissue Authority (OTA) to manage PR and media relations activity for its national awareness campaign, DonateLife Week.
Through targeted activity, Think HQ helped to secure 800 pieces of editorial coverage during DonateLife Week 2013, and more than 1000 pieces of coverage nationally in 2014. In both years, analysis of media coverage showed a high level of key message take-up.
Key media achievements have so far included:
- Securing a media partnership with Channel 10’s The Project in 2013 – over a two-week period, the program ran a complementary campaign called ‘Project DonateLife,’ and featured multiple stories of transplant recipients and donor families
- Securing transplant and donor family interviews on national television programs including Channel 7’s Sunrise, Channel 9’s Today Show, Channel 10’s The Project, and ABC News Breakfast – all in 2014
- Securing an unpaid media partnership with Community Newspapers Australia in 2014, resulting in the placement of online ad banners across a network of regional newspaper websites, and the publication of unpaid advertorial content in regional print outlets across at least four states, and with a combined circulation of more than 750,000
Additionally, Think HQ manages ongoing public relations activity for the OTA, including:
- Working with DonateLife State Communications Officers to coordinate media opportunities
- Identifying case studies and proactive media pitching
- Briefing spokespeople
- Writing media notifications, releases and background information documents
- Media training for the CEO
- Issues management
- Development of communications collateral
- Corporate and Community Partnership support.