Are you a communications professional, business owner, speaker, thought-leader or entrepreneur? Are you looking to engage the media to increase your organisation’s presence and boost your profile?
Join us as Alice Suter and Jenna Waite from Think HQ’s PR team take you through an intensive two-hour workshop that will help you get the most out of your next media campaign and show you how to build a bank of contacts.
You Will Learn
- What makes news and creating angles
- New media trends and how you can utilise them
- Top tips for writing for the media
- How to engage a journalist or producer
- The difference between print, broadcast and online media, and how to tailor your pitch and approach for each
- The art of writing an opinion piece and when to use one
- How to prepare yourself or your talent for an interview and how to handle difficult questions
- Relationship building tricks that’ll help you establish yourself or your organisation as a trusted media source
- Some basic reactive media advice (how to respond to media when they’re the ones calling you)
Since joining Think HQ in 2012, Alice has led national and statewide media relations campaigns for a host of government and NFP clients including the Scanlon Foundation and Support Small Business Day. She holds a Bachelor of Communication (RMIT).
Over the last few years Jenna has developed a bank of trusted media connections through savvy relationship building and a strategic approach to campaign delivery. She has led media relations efforts for a range of clients including Philanthropy Australia and Organ & Tissue Authority. She holds a Bachelor of Media and Communication, majoring in Journalism (Deakin University).
Whether you’re new to the media game, or would like to brush up on your skills, this workshop is for you. Find tickets here.